Thursday, June 9, 2011

Farewell to Oregon

For those who dont know... we are moving once again. Bryce was accepted in the MBA program for USU. We will be leaving good old Oregon in two short weeks. Bryce is officially done with classes here so we are trying to cram all of Oregon into the next two weeks. We started it off with hiking to the top of Spencer Butte. We have hiked part of this trail but never to the top of the butte.

On the way to the top. It is a total 5 1/2 mile hike. Calvin hike 5 miles of it. He actually probably ran about 4 miles of it :) He wanted to jump down the rocks on the top. Crazy boy!

Calvin made the hike so entertaining

Our little hikers at the top.

This is what the hike looks like. You feel like your in the middle of Lord of the Rings. You expect some magical creature to jump out of the fern.

The top of the Spencer's Butte. It was really pretty. One of the tallest points in Eugene.

8 comments:

Baggtag said...

I LOVE it! Boys love to lead. We are so glad to have you all back soon. Sorry we missed visiting you. Looks like a beautiful place.

Michelle said...

Cute pictures. I'm still in denial.

Randi said...

Wha? I had no idea! We still haven't really hung out... Good luck, and maybe we'll run into each other again some day!

dan and laura said...

oh calvin. love him. and by the way, you look the the mythical creature in that picture. i had to make it big to see what it was. i thought you propped a monkey eating a banana in there or something :)

Unknown said...

More adventures for your cute family...it will be fun to have you close again, congrats to Bryce on getting into another masters program--what does he want to do when he grows up?! ;) hee hee
Good luck with the move and cramming the rest of Oregon into your stay...

Sarah said...

What on earth? I swear you guys just got there. Did he finish his schooling? You'll be in my hometown. I am hoping that means we will hang out eventually! Especially since I live in Sandy...close to your parents. I really hope you call me!!! Love You! Good LUCK!

Jodi said...

good luck with the move!

Brit said...

Congrats to Bryce. Now you can come hang out in St.George, while he studies?? I'm really excited to see you in a couple weeks.