Friday, June 14, 2013

Defense!!!

So this has kind of been my life lately... no not soccer... DEFENSE!!! So I played 4 years of college soccer. I played "Sweeper" all four years. So essentially I was all about DEFENSE! I played against amazing girls. Even ones that played on the national team. I did my best at stopping goals and not letting anyone get past me... And I did a pretty good job.
So you ask where is this going? Meet my opponents now:
Namely: Calvin, Simon and Levi. "The Huff Brothers!" I have to say they so far are my hardest opponents I have ever played against! And the funny thing? We are in the process of creating another Huff brother! Yep due October 18th.
This defense is different though. It is not on the soccer field. It is the kind of defense that you are cleaning the carpet from a bloody nose as one is on the kitchen table playing in the peanut butter and the other is out getting the back car hatch stuck on the garage. I cant keep up... no matter how hard I try. They score many "Goals" on me and I dont even have any help from "offsides" or a goalie to back me up. But do you know what? I love my little soccer team! They are the best and I wouldn't trade in a minute of "control" for any one of my kids! I love them and am excited to see what this new little boy will bring to our home... But I am really thankful when I get a weekend when Bryce takes them all camping!

7 comments:

Sarah said...

Hooray!! Congrats!

Jodi said...

Congratulations! I'm not sure I know where exactly you guys are at these days...I know you are in Utah, right?

dan and laura said...

Love love love this post!

jaymzdene said...

Melissa I have been waiting for a blog update and been wondering if you found out what you are having yet. Wow I cannot believe you are having another boy, how crazy but so much fun at the same time!! I am so excited for you guys and I loved your post :) Hope you are feeling better

Jeni Jo said...

Love this post. Love the comparison of soccer and life with boys! Good luck!

vintageblueballoon said...

HOLY CRAP!!! Congrats! We still need to meet Levi! So happy for you guys!

vintageblueballoon said...

CONGRATS!!! We are so happy for you guys!!! We still haven't met LEVI!