Sunday, October 18, 2015

Caleb Thomas Huff and Happy Birthday Simon!

Wow the last nine months have been crazy, to say the least! A big part of that was being pregnant with another boy and moving to Arizona. Bryce and I decided to start another adventure by moving to Arizona to help start up a company. It has had its ups and downs but it for sure has been a learning experience and we are growing a lot. Bryce moved the day after Calvin finished his last day of 1st grade. He lived in Arizona and worked while I stayed in Utah with the kids. He went to make sure it was right for our family and to find a home we could rent out. (We are still renting our house in Kaysville because we are planning to move back in the near future). We finally decided to move the family down to AZ three weeks before I was due with our baby.
Moving was crazy. I packed almost the whole house myself (thankful for friends and family that helped with the kids and helped pack). Bryce came the day before and packed the truck. When we got to Arizona, he had to work the next day so I unpacked everything (In 115 degree weather, nine months pregnant). It kept me busy before the baby came.
 I went to the doctor August 27th (my due date was September 3rd). He told me I was close and he could strip my membranes so that I would have the baby the next day. I told him no since it was Simon's birthday and I didnt want them to have the same birthday. Well so much for that, I woke up the next morning, August 28th, with contractions. We waited a little but realized we needed to get to the hospital. We sent Calvin and Simon to school and took the other boys to a neighbors and headed to the hospital. A mile away Bryce realized Milo would have to go out so he turned around to open the back door... I was not excited about that :). We also stopped at a gas station on the way because I hadn't eaten anything and I could feel my blood sugar dropping. We probably should have just hurried to the hospital.
 We arrived at the hospital and they sat me down to take all my information. I told them I really needed to get into a room. They didnt care. Then they put me into a "Triage" room! What!?!?! Did I tell you I had the last two natural because they came too fast?!?! Finally they got me into a labor and delivery room. I kept telling them I wanted an epidural (I loved doing it natural but by this time with moving I was emotionally and physically week.) They rushed the antesiologist in and gave me an epidural. It was just in time to push. I pushed twice (he had to turn him). Caleb Thomas Huff was born at 10:20 AM at 7 lbs 15 oz 20.5 inches. Happy Birthday Simon! You have a little brother for your birthday... Needless to Say we didnt have a big party for Simon. I didn't even get pictures of him with his cake (a week late) but I did make a cake for him.






No comments: