Thursday, December 10, 2009

50 Miles!!!


Me and my wonderful husband that supported me in this crazy idea. He ran the last mile with me on my second leg. Boy was I glad to see him after running 5 miles in the middle of nowhere!

The Team!! We are so awesome! From left to right: Dan Haber (brother in law), Richard (brother), Trent (brother), Brett Rosen (friend and marathon runner) and me! We cant forget Laura too. She drove us everywhere! She was also sitting in the car with my baby during this picture.

This is Brett finishing the 50 miles! We did it 6 hours and 33 minutes... obviously you can see from the picture. Thanks to Brett, we ran at an average of 8.5 minute miles. My first leg was 3.88 miles. My second mile supposed to be 5.22 miles but they underestimated it and it turned out to be 6 miles.
I guess I should explain what we did. We ran a 50 mile relay race. The team of five each had two legs to run. We all ran about 10 miles total. I decided I have fallen in love with relay races. I love being part of a team that is cheering you on. I also love driving in the car, going crazy, trying to find the next point before our runner shows up... Thanks Laura for putting up with all of us! Love ya!

2 comments:

Sarah said...

how awesome! that sounds like such a fun race. being cheered on makes it all so much more enjoyable. way to go!

Brit said...

Way to go!! It was so good to see you guys:)