Monday, February 1, 2010

Grandpa Linton's Cradle




My Grandpa Linton made this cradle for my mom for her first baby. All my brothers and sisters slept in it. Some of my nieces and nephews have slept in it too. Calvin slept in it. All the babies that have slept in it have their names carved on the bottom of the cradle.
We had a little problem with Simon though. This cradle was just a little too accessible for Calvin to reach his tiny little hand over and poke Simon's eyes out. So we haven't had Simon sleep in it. I decided that Simon had to at least take a nap in it so we can carve his name on the bottom of the cradle. Well... I let Simon fall asleep in his play pin and got the cradle all ready. I thought I could pull him out and put him in the cradle without waking him up. Obviously (from the pictures) it didnt work. So does this count? Maybe I will have to try again today:)

3 comments:

Annie said...

proud to say ive slept in that cradle :)

Lake Family est. 2006 said...

What a fun tradition!

Brit said...

That's so cool. We use my mom's old wooden cradle too and I love it.