He warned me that it was a little far away but it would be fun. So we set off. About an hour later we were in a little town and started heading up a little windy road. Bryce than told me it was still about 30 miles away on this windy road... which meant it would take another hour to get there. We ALMOST turned around but I thought why not just keep going.
We finally arrived at our destination at 3:00. Its a six mile hike with kids so that meant we better get going. We almost turned around about three times due to the lack of time. I was pretty persistant that if we came this far... we were going to get to the lake.
We finally arrived at the lake, spent about five minutes there and headed the three miles back up the mountain.
We had fun... but I will probably think twice next time Bryce says he has found a place for us to hike. I still love him though:)
The start of the hike. Notice you dont see any cities or anything in back of us. Thats how far we drove!
The Lake... we had to hurry and take a picture because our batteries were running out and I wasnt leaving without taking a picture... after coming this far!
We found a "friendly salamander" on our way... actually it was a poisonous newt as we found out later.
8 comments:
Only Hippy would take his family on an adventure like that... and only you are a good enough wife to go without complaints.
And the poisoness newt! Nice.
Miss you.
Simon has gotten bigger in the past couple weeks! Not ok! I miss him so much. And Calvin with the fruit snacks! So cute!
Cute pics and Happy Birthday!
I need to get your new address, sometime.
Yes, you do need to come visit us again soon so we go camping and hike. Miss you!
Nice adventure. I'm glad you kept the tradition alive, even if you're not in Utah.
Wow, you really did go far into no-man's land. Glad you got pictures as proof that you made it and touched a poisonous newt!
This made me laugh and makes me miss you guys even more, it is just so you! Happy Birthday and I am glad there were no mishaps with the 'friendly salamander' ;)
Gotta love the "hiking in the middle of nowhere when your husband finds a hike online" adventures! We've had a few. :) But the place you went looks beautiful! Next time we should plan a hike together...and you and I will decide where to go!
Happy Birthday Girl! Fun tradition to go on a hike. Hopefully next year it will be a more enjoyable experience.
Post a Comment