Thursday, October 21, 2010

Sisters, Sisters!

I took a flight to Utah at the end of September. The flight there was a trip in and of itself. Calvin fell asleep five minutes before we landed and I had to try and carry 3 bags, Simon, and Calvin off the airplane. It was pretty entertaining.
The flight was totally worth it because I was going to see my family.
My sister Janelle came up from Arizona. My sister Laura is still hanging out with my parents while she finishes her masters and her husband is back east at medical school. It was important for me to come because who knows when we will all be together again.
We had a great week!

We had to hit Gardner Village with the "Witches." After all my mom is the "Wicked Witch of the West!" and we take after her.

Some of the grand kids at Gardner Village

Calvin loved to look at the witches... from a distance

We also went to "THis is the Place Monument" Calvin was lucky enough to ride the horse.

We also had to go to Wheeler Farm. I love this place... and its free!

Calvin and William fishing at Wheeler Farm


We also stayed with the Huffs. We couldn't miss out on all the great rides with Grandpa Huff!

Simon would walk around the back yard at Grandma and Grandpa Huffs and eat all the apples that had fallen from the tree.

While we were gone... Grandpa Huff souped up Johnny Tractor for Calvin. It is much faster and it now tows a trailer! (The reason why it is faster is because Calvin broke the battery by trying to plug it in and somehow reversed the polarity on the battery... Grandpa Huff had to buy a new battery!)

4 comments:

Janelle said...

Oh I miss you! We had so much fun. We have to do it again soon!

ps: Why does it not suprise me that Calvin ruined the battery on the tractor? :)

Anonymous said...

I love Gardner Village too! I take the 3 boys I nanny for every year to see the witches. We get there at 9:00 to beat the crowds, and park for free over by the petting zoo.

Lori said...

I love the fishing picture. So cute.

Chelsee said...

Dang! That thing goes fast!!! Grandpa is so awesome! Miss you guys!