Friday, April 22, 2011

Calvin's Baby Blanket

You would think by the name of this post that it was three and a half years old. But no, I finally finished Calvin's baby blanket. Before Calvin was born, Bryce and I went to the fabric store and picked out Calvin's material for his baby blanket. It was supposed to go with his room... that he no longer lives in.
I needed a good cheap project to do. So I pulled it out and started on it. The original fabric was too small for Calvin now so I went to the store and found another piece to add to it. For those people who are talented at sewing... please do not look too close. But for those who only know how to sew straight lines, like me, be amazed!

The little paw print is from his original baby blanket. the Skaters and Bikers fabric is what i picked out. I thought it matched Calvin to a T. They dont necessarily go together but I felt that they described Calvin. Its a little wrinkly because Calvin loves it and uses it. It makes me happy:)
And i made these rolls... actually i didnt. Bryce made these yummy rolls. His mom taught him how to make them while we were in Utah. Just thought i would add them to the domestic post.

2 comments: