James Delos Huff was born October 3, 2017. Bryce and I both loved the name Jimmy but I really felt like Jimmy should be named after my grandpa James William Linton and James E Faust who was really good friends with my grandpa. They both went by Jim.
I woke up on October 3rd knowing I was having contractions. They would come and go. None of them were very hard. So we debated what to do. I finally called the doctor when they opened to see if I could come get checked. His nurse just told me to go to the hospital. So we dropped the boys off at Grandma and Grandpa Huffs.
We headed to the hospital. I was still having contractions but they were sporadic. Sometimes 20 minutes apart and some times 6 minutes. I didn't want to go into the hospital and have them send me home so we walked around the path that circles the Mckay Dee Hospital in Ogden. It was a beautiful day but it was a little chilly. We stopped at a pond. Finally we decided to go get something to eat. WE drove to a cafe. Bryce ran in and I had a really hard contraction while he went in. We went back to the hospital but the contractions stopped. We sat in the car in the parking lot for a while debating what to do. We walked around the hospital another time and sat on a bench. The contractions were totally gone. I started to cry and said lets just go home. We were finishing the walk and Bryce said lets just go in and check. Oh well if they send us home (I really believe there were angels watching over me and told me to go in). We went to the counter and the nurses looked at me. I said I was in labor and I had strep B. The nurses looked at me and laughed. They kept saying "well we have to send you home if you aren't to a 3." I didn't look like I was in labor. So the nurse took me back. Mind you I hadn't had a contraction for twenty minutes. They hooked me up to the monitors. The nurse reminded me again. If you aren't at a 3 we have to send you home. She finally checked me and said in surprise " You are at an 8! Well a stretched 6! But your water looks it is just about to break." She ran and got another nurse to double check. The nurse came in and was also shocked I was at an 8. They hurried and called the anestiologist and gave me an epidural (they didn't want me to do it natural because I needed to get in as much antibiotics as possible because I had strep B). We waited about 3 hours and Jimmy was born.
I woke up on October 3rd knowing I was having contractions. They would come and go. None of them were very hard. So we debated what to do. I finally called the doctor when they opened to see if I could come get checked. His nurse just told me to go to the hospital. So we dropped the boys off at Grandma and Grandpa Huffs.
We headed to the hospital. I was still having contractions but they were sporadic. Sometimes 20 minutes apart and some times 6 minutes. I didn't want to go into the hospital and have them send me home so we walked around the path that circles the Mckay Dee Hospital in Ogden. It was a beautiful day but it was a little chilly. We stopped at a pond. Finally we decided to go get something to eat. WE drove to a cafe. Bryce ran in and I had a really hard contraction while he went in. We went back to the hospital but the contractions stopped. We sat in the car in the parking lot for a while debating what to do. We walked around the hospital another time and sat on a bench. The contractions were totally gone. I started to cry and said lets just go home. We were finishing the walk and Bryce said lets just go in and check. Oh well if they send us home (I really believe there were angels watching over me and told me to go in). We went to the counter and the nurses looked at me. I said I was in labor and I had strep B. The nurses looked at me and laughed. They kept saying "well we have to send you home if you aren't to a 3." I didn't look like I was in labor. So the nurse took me back. Mind you I hadn't had a contraction for twenty minutes. They hooked me up to the monitors. The nurse reminded me again. If you aren't at a 3 we have to send you home. She finally checked me and said in surprise " You are at an 8! Well a stretched 6! But your water looks it is just about to break." She ran and got another nurse to double check. The nurse came in and was also shocked I was at an 8. They hurried and called the anestiologist and gave me an epidural (they didn't want me to do it natural because I needed to get in as much antibiotics as possible because I had strep B). We waited about 3 hours and Jimmy was born.
No comments:
Post a Comment