Monday, April 28, 2008

I Cant Believe It


I cant believe we are doing this, but we are buying a dog!!! This is the dog. His name is Milo. He is a goldendoodle (a golden retriever/poodle).
Last week we were looking at the KSL adds and I told Bryce to look at the dogs. I love looking at all the little puppies...even though I wouldn't dream of buying one. We started to talk about what kind of dog we want. Bryce wants a big dog. I want a little dog that doesn't shed and that doesn't poop. So we looked at big dogs that don't shed (I gave in to the poop thing). That is when we found goldendoodles. They have the temperament of a golden retriever but the hair of a poodle. We found puppies up in Roy and we went and looked at them. They were really cute, but from advice and thought I decided I couldn't have a baby and try to train a puppy. Thats when I looked on the internet and found Milo. He is a one year old. I fell in love with the picture of their baby sitting on Milo (above). We met them at a park and played with him. He is a great dog. He is trained pretty well. He did really well with their two year old boy. The reason why they have to give him away is that they had to move into a town home and they don't have a yard and she has to go back to work. I could tell they really love him they just want him to have a better life.
After much prayer and thought we decided he is the dog for us! I know that it is going to be tons of work. I also know that dogs are such a good thing for families. I loved all the dogs I grew up with. I know my mom and Bryce's mom worked so hard to give our families the opportunity to love dogs. I feel Like I owe it to my family also. We are picking Milo up on Friday...So if you have any bit of advice tell us now...or forever hold your peace.

3 comments:

Taylor said...

SWEET POOCH!
that's way exciting! Jodi is allergic to everything with hair, so we may have to go with a non-shedder like a labradoodle or one like yours. we'll have to find out if you like it.

Maureen said...

That sounds like a fun, new, adventure! I didn't even know that goldendoodle's exsisted! It sounds like a perfect dog for us too. I am not into dogs that shed either! Good luck!

Amber Smith said...

Congrats on the new member of the family and I love the picture of Bryce mowing the lawn.