Monday, May 5, 2008

The Newest Addition

Hi lo Milo! sitting next to me is a rug. Yes the rug is sitting. Its not your ordinary rug. This rug can fetch, sit, stay (sorta- we're working on that), eat tennis balls, and love. This my good friends is Milo the Goldendoodle. yes I said doodle like what we all did on those textbook covers we had in high school. For those unfamilier with Goldendoodles, let me explain what this Hybrid is (kinda like the Toyota Prius but with hair). He is 1/2 purebred golden retriever (his dad) and 1/2 purebred poodle (his mom).
We have found he loves to play ball until he can't move anymore. He loves other dogs and has a couple best friends. He does good around Calvin not slobbering in his eyes. He likes to wander the house at night. Oh and did I say he like to play ball. I am so grateful that Melissa is wants to have a dog in our home as i am a big fan of all animals (even those baby bunnies I accidentally killed as a child). Sometimes I think I hear their thoughts. Two of the greatest examples of what I need to become more like are now with me everyday. .Milo and Calvin. They love unconditionally. They are forgiving, they can be easily pleased. They don't care about material possessions (except a ball). They will listen to me mutter ( when they are asleep). They love me for who i am. (They learned that one from Melissa)
So i offer the same advice my Business Law Teacher gave to me but with one addition. Get a personal relationship with a dog/baby. If you don't own a dog/baby or not ready to own/raise one, find one you can have a personal relationship with and nurture that relationship. You will be wonderfully rewarded.

2 comments:

Taylor said...

now I could have a dog like that...

Sarah said...

What a cute dog! I am impressed, we love dogs!