This is me after the epidural. It is heaven!
This is why we are thankful for the epidural! The top red is the babys heart rate and the bottom is the contractions. This was about 3 a.m. The contractions are only a few minutes apart. I don't know how anyone does it natural!
My boys! Calvin is still not sure about Simon. You ask him where the baby is and he still points to my tummy.
The Finished Product! Simon Lowell Huff
The Story:
Thursday night I began to have contractions. I stayed up all night timing them ( I couldnt sleep and Bryce was snoozing away) Finally around 6 a.m. they were every three minutes. We dropped Calvin off at Lea and Dales and headed to the hospital. They checked me in... dont worry, right when I sat down on the bed, my contractions began to fade. Thats right! They sent me home!
Bryce went to work while I stayed home and tried to sleep. My wonderful mother-in-law and sister-in-law took care of Calvin. I didn't sleep too much though because I still was having contractions every ten minutes. I called the doctor to see if I could come in and get checked. He checked me and said I was dialated to a whole 2! So not much more. He told me not to go into the hospital unless I couldn't talk through my contractions. Just what I want to hear.
Lea made Bryce and I dinner and we took Calvin home (mind you I am still having contractions every 8 minutes now) Bryce ran to the store to fill a perscription. While he was gone my contractions became horrible. I called him and told him to come home. Once again off to the hospital.
They checked us in and I got the epidural an hour later. I finally was able to relax after 24 hours of contractions.
Funny Part About the Epidural: Bryce fainted when he saw the fluid go into the needle. Yep, he fell down to the ground and woke up a few seconds later with the nurse, the needle person (anesthesiologist), and me looking over him.
By six in the morning I was pushing and 15 minutes later Simon Lowell Huff was born.
The experience was amazing! For those who don't know, I had a C-Section with Calvin. It still was an wonderful experience, but knowing that my body can do what it is supposed to was such a relief and powerful experience. My body natural went into labor and natural advanced. I didn't even need the "pit"(contraction enhancer). I loved every moment and am thankful for my wonderful husband who was with me every moment... even the epidural :)
(thanks also to Laura and Mom who took pictures after the birth)
Thursday night I began to have contractions. I stayed up all night timing them ( I couldnt sleep and Bryce was snoozing away) Finally around 6 a.m. they were every three minutes. We dropped Calvin off at Lea and Dales and headed to the hospital. They checked me in... dont worry, right when I sat down on the bed, my contractions began to fade. Thats right! They sent me home!
Bryce went to work while I stayed home and tried to sleep. My wonderful mother-in-law and sister-in-law took care of Calvin. I didn't sleep too much though because I still was having contractions every ten minutes. I called the doctor to see if I could come in and get checked. He checked me and said I was dialated to a whole 2! So not much more. He told me not to go into the hospital unless I couldn't talk through my contractions. Just what I want to hear.
Lea made Bryce and I dinner and we took Calvin home (mind you I am still having contractions every 8 minutes now) Bryce ran to the store to fill a perscription. While he was gone my contractions became horrible. I called him and told him to come home. Once again off to the hospital.
They checked us in and I got the epidural an hour later. I finally was able to relax after 24 hours of contractions.
Funny Part About the Epidural: Bryce fainted when he saw the fluid go into the needle. Yep, he fell down to the ground and woke up a few seconds later with the nurse, the needle person (anesthesiologist), and me looking over him.
By six in the morning I was pushing and 15 minutes later Simon Lowell Huff was born.
The experience was amazing! For those who don't know, I had a C-Section with Calvin. It still was an wonderful experience, but knowing that my body can do what it is supposed to was such a relief and powerful experience. My body natural went into labor and natural advanced. I didn't even need the "pit"(contraction enhancer). I loved every moment and am thankful for my wonderful husband who was with me every moment... even the epidural :)
(thanks also to Laura and Mom who took pictures after the birth)
11 comments:
We already love him! He is so adorable. Can't wait to get our hands on him. Glad everything went well!
YAY! He is so cute Melissa and Bryce! Thanks for letting me share that wonderful experience with you. Love you both!
P.S. now we have PITA the second.
he's so precious! i am glad to hear that labor went well and your body was able to do what it was made to do!
Hooray! We think he is a cutie.
Congrats! We are so happy for the new little Huff!
Congratulations! We are excited for you all and glad everything went well with delivery. What a great family you are!
What a handsome addition he makes!!! I am glad all went well! I love the pics. Congradulations once again!!! Have a beautiful day!!!
This makes me cry. He's extremely handsome and I'm so happy for you guys. Can't wait to see him.
Congrats you guys! He is so adorable. So glad that things went well. It sure is an amazing experience. We want to meet him soon:) Poor Bryce, hope he is ok;)
P.S. you look amazing for just giving birth:)
Congratulations...Monday I saw Bryce home as I was driving back from the school and thought, 'I wonder if Melissa has had the baby yet?' I worked on the weekend and Scott forgot to tell me the good news.
We are so excited for you guys! He is so cute, you guys do good work, I am glad all went well and thank heavens for epidurals--those contractions looked killer. Way to go you are amazing and I agree you look awesome!
Congratulations!! I wish I was closer to help:) So excited for you. He is beautiful and so are you! Such sweet gifts from your hubby.
Post a Comment