As we get closer to another election the propaganda is getting a little thicker and heavier. I am amazed every election during the primaries how people in the same party are campaigning against each other and they sling mud back and forth and declare how incompetent their opponent is until......... they lose the primary! Now they are throwing their full support behind this person and they believe they will be the ticket to election. I am not a big political guy and I know I am pretty apathetic concerning a lot of the political items in relation to our governing body but i have a goal this year to spend a little more time forming my own opinion and voting in connection with that opinion.
With this goal in mind I found an interesting video on our friends blog and feel that it has some valuable points to consider against Obama. Granted it was created with a lot of ....(help whats the word for propaganda that claims to make factual arguments and that appeal to emotions through the use of flashy music and images). I don't think the story of Obama is as clear cut as this video makes it out to be. I do find offense that he decides to not show patriotism and honor to the flag. Now I realize maybe he was daydreaming about becoming president at this time of the picture where he is not saluting the flag and he forgot to raise his hand. What also really concerns me is what his philosophy's are and what his moral compass is like after spending so many years under the tutelage of vocally anti Americans.
My suggestion for everyone this coming election is to be a little more involved than you were last election. That is my own goal and I hope you make it yours too.
I get the chills every time I hear our national anthem and I know why. We live in a blessed country and it will stay blessed as long as the voice of the people choses to be governed by honest and upright individuals.
ps if you want to see the video go to Youtube and do a search for "i invented the internet obama"
B
3 comments:
I thoroughly enjoy this post and hope to educate myself a bit more about our possible leaders. I share the same feelings as you... when those around us disrespect our flag and or our country. To me, there's nothing better than watching the 4th of july parade start as we place our hand over our heart and honor the colors. When at the start of every National race event, the our countries National Anthem is sung. From that, I'm am boosted with pride in my country, my freedom and those that fought for our honor.
amen to you both. I'm glad you were able to gain something and some facts from the video (even with all the flashy progranda:)
by the way, just incase your first paragraph was pointed my. let me tell you I think McCain is a terd... and if I had to vote today I don't know if I wouldn't pull the lever for Bob Barr
Post a Comment