Saturday, January 12, 2013

Simon the Artist

Simon has become a little artist. He loves to draw. I didn't think anything of it until my sister-in-law (who graduated in art) pointed out that Simon scratches in lines which most kids just use one line. Interesting. Then Simon came to me the other day and brought me a picture he drew. He said it was "treasure." As I looked at it, I realized it was a treasure chest. It had a lid and it was a box... I even have a hard time drawing a box...and he is 3. So maybe I have a little artist. I am not an artist at all!!!  By no means do i think that my child is a Picasso but I know he loves to draw and I want to encourage it. Any suggestions?
This is the "Rocket Ship" Simon drew which my Sister-in-Law said was different

This is the "Treasure" chest
Levi Has been climbing onto the kitchen chairs and then climbing on the table. I pushed the chairs in so that he couldn't climb... this is what he does now.


1 comment:

Sarah said...

Wow. I think this is great. I'd say rather than telling him he's a good artist, praise his efforts on his drawings and notice specific things in a picture (like the lines in it) to compliment him on.

By the way, one of these days we really should get together. I haven't seen you since my baby shower! Way too long!!!