is Calvin's adopted great grandmother "Abuela". She is the salt of the earth!I just woke up this morning to Bryce typing away next to me. He was making a "blog" for our new little family. I thought I would try it out. So here we go.
We are so excited! These past couple of days have been so much fun! Bryce and I came into the hospital about 9am. My water broke about 3am but we didnt know it. I started to have more contractions so we called Dr. Cope at 8 and he said to come in. We told him I was having a little fluid come out. He checked and said my water broke and we should have gone straight to the hospital! Whoops. Its our first time.:)
I had contractions every 5 minutes up to about 2pm. Dr. Cope wanted to push me a little faster so they put me on the "Pit." I was having closer contractions but not moving any further. The nurse called Dr. Cope and he came up and looked at the monitors. Every time I had a contraction the babys heart rate went down. They did a few more tests and came to the conclusion that the cord was rapped around his neck. Since I was not very far along and there was so much stress on the baby Dr. Cope felt it was best to have a C-Section. Everyone hurried and got ready for the surgery. They wheeled me in and had him out within a few minutes. It was so amazing to hear him cry. It was the most beautiful sound I have ever heard! Both Bryce and I cried with relief and happiness.
Everything has been going well since. We are thankful for great doctors and nurses. Can I say how much I love the nurses here? They all have been such sweethearts!
We are thankful for all our visitors. Grandmas, Grandpas, Aunts, Uncles, Cousins, and good friends. One special visitor was Calvins "adopted grandma" Abuela Haydee. She was so cute with him! She has already started teaching him Spanish. She sang a song to him. We love Abuela :)! (Calvin didn't like it when we took a picure with the flash).
Again, thank you for all coming and calling! It means a ton. We are doing well. Love ya!
2 comments:
Hi guys! We just heard about your new arrival. Congradulations! We are so happy and excited for you. He is such a cutie! He looks like a big boy, how bug was he? Keep posting pictures, including you two, we would love to see them. We miss and love ya,
Jack & Sarah
Congrats Huffys! Glad to see that it all went well. Melissa, did you think you peed the bed???? Just kidding. Sweet well we will have to come up and see the little dude. Later!
Post a Comment